Wednesday, April 21, 2010

MADONNA

Hello all you beautiful cyber world people...most of which who are sitting in my classroom as I write this. :]

I find it all too appropriate to begin my entry with a quote from Madonna...

“I am my own experiment. I am my own work of art.”

Why else would I begin my entry with a Madonna quote? Well if you don't know why by now, then I'm not exactly sure why you are reading my blog. But thanks anyway :]

So does anyone else think that Glee last night was absolutely spectacular? I'm not even the hugest Madonna fan like Sue Sylvester, but it was pretty epic.

My top 3 songs:
1. Vogue
2. Like a Prayer
3. Like a Virgin


And then that cover of "What It Feels Like For A Girl" by the men of New Directions-- ABSOLUTELY beautiful and great harmonies. Wow. I was not disappointed last night by the newest Glee.

Tying back into the earlier Madonna quote, I feel like more people need to see themselves as their own work of art. There are billions of people in the world, and yet no one is just like me or just like you--that's called INDIVIDUALITY. High school is full of cliques and groups [not to be picking on anyone, but especially girls] who try to be just like everyone else. Why do we do that? Why can't we accept who we are for what we are and rock that instead?

On last night's episode, three people were struggling with losing their "V-card." They were being pressured into doing something they may not have wanted to do, or they did it and regretted it afterward. Madonna is a great, powerful influence because she is her own woman and stands for individuality and independence. The Glee characters, especially Rachel, were struggling with their identities last night as some decided to give something up that they can never get back. While Madonna is an infamous sex-symbol, she's also a symbol of power. So since we love to emulate celebrities and other people, take after Madonna and BE YOUR OWN PERSON. That's what this life is all about right? :]

Well that's all for right now. I'll leave you with some Sue Sylvester wisdom
Until my next post :]

Love&Music
-Emily



^^This is actually a cool side-by-side video of Sue's Vogue and Madonna's Vogue...it's basically perfection. Enjoy ;]

No comments:

Post a Comment